- Exploring How International Graduate Students in the US Seek Support Tamanna Motahar, Mahmood Jasim, Syed Ishtiaque Ahmed, Narges Mahyar, In Proceedings of the 2020 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems Extended Abstract (Accepted) [pdf]
- Towards Understanding Desiderata for Large-Scale Civic Input Analysis
Mahmood Jasim, Ali Sarvghad, Enamul Hoque, Narges Mahyar,
In Proceedings of the 2020 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems Extended Abstract (Accepted) [pdf]
- Beyond the clash: investigating BIM-based building design coordination issue representation and resolution. Sarmad Mehrbod, Sheryl Staub-French, Narges Mahyar, Melanie Tory, Journal of Information Technology in Construction (ITcon) 24.3 (2019), pp. 33-57, 2019.
- Characterizing interactions with BIM tools and artifacts in building design coordination meetings.
Sarmad Mehrbod, Sheryl Staub-French, Narges Mahyar, Melanie Tory, Automation in Construction 98, pp. 195-213, 2019.
- The Civic Data Deluge: Understanding the Challenges of Analyzing Large-Scale Community Input. Narges Mahyar, Diana V. Nguyen, Maggie Chan, Jiayi Zheng, Steven P. Dow, ACM Designing Interactive Systems (DIS), 2019, 11 pages, to appear.
- CommunityCrit: Inviting the Public to Improve and Evaluate Urban Design Ideas through Micro-Activities. Narges Mahyar, Michael R. James, Michelle M. Ng, Reginal. A. Wu, Steven P. Dow, ACM Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2018).
- Embedded Merge & Split: Visual Adjustment Of Data Grouping Ali Sarvghad, Bahador Saket, Alex Endert, Nadir Weibel. IEEE transactions on visualization and computer graphics 25.1 (2018)
- Collaboration Tools to Support Informed Public Engagement. Girling, Cynthia, Ronald W. Kellett, Kellogg S. Booth, Narges Mahyar, Kelly J. Burke, Alix Krahn, Landscape Research Record, NO. 06, pp. 264-278, 2017.
- Enabling Crowdsourced Visualizations to Support Large-Scale Civic Engagement. Narges Mahyar, Weichen Liu, Dangyi Liu, Steven P. Dow, Workshop on Crowd-Civic Systems, CSCW 2017, 5 pages, 2017.
- Visualizing Dimension Coverage to Support Exploratory Analysis. Ali Sarvghad, Melanie Tory, and Narges Mahyar, IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (VAST 2016), In press.
- UD Co-Spaces: A Table-Centred Multi-Display Environment for Public Engagement in Urban Design Charrettes. Narges Mahyar, Kelly Burke, Siyi Meng, Jialiang Xiang, Kellogg S. Booth, Cynthia Girling, and Ronald Kellett, Interactive Surfaces and Spaces (ISS ’16), pp. 109-118, November 6-9, 2016.
- A Framework for Classifying BIM Design Coordination Issues. Sarmad Mehrbod, Sheryl Staub-French, Melanie Tory, Narges Mahyar. Canadian Society of Civil Engineers, Construction Specialty Conference, Vancouver, British Columbia, June 8-10, 2015
- Towards a Taxonomy for Evaluating User Engagement in Information Visualization. Narges Mahyar, Sung-Hee Kim, and Bum Chul Kwon. Workshop on Personal Visualization: Exploring Everyday Life, IEEE VIS 2015, 4 pages, 2015.
- Collaboration Technology for Stakeholder Engagement in Urban Planning. Ronald Kellett, Kellogg Booth, Narges Mahyar. Information Technology and City Life Workshop, CSCW 2015, 2 pages, March 14-16, 2015.
- Exploiting Analysis History To Support Collaborative Data Analysis Ali Sarvghad, Melanie Tory. Proceedings of the 41st Graphics Interface Conference. 2015.
- Supporting Communication and Coordination in Collaborative Sensemaking. Narges Mahyar, and Melanie Tory. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (VAST 2014), pp. 1633-1642, 2014.
- CLIP: A Visual Thinking Space to Support Collaborative Sensensemaking and Reasoning. Narges Mahyar, and Melanie Tory. Graphics, Animation and New Media (“GRAND”) NCE AGM, 4 pages, 2014.
- Exploiting History To Reduce Interaction Costs In Collaborative Analysis Ali Sarvghad, Melanie Tory. 2014 IEEE Conference on Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST). IEEE, 2014.
- Observations of Record-Keeping in Co-located Collaborative Analysis. Narges Mahyar, Ali Sarvghad, Melanie Tory, and Tyler Weeres. HICSS 2013, pp. 460-469, Jan. 2013.
- Note Taking in Co-located Collaborative Visual analytics: Analysis of an Observational Study. Narges Mahyar, Ali Sarvghad, and Melanie Tory. Information Visualization, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 190-204, July 2012.
- CoSpaces: Workspaces to Support Co-located Collaborative Visual Analytics. Narges Mahyar, Ali Sarvghad, Melanie Tory and Tyler Weeres. Proceedings of the Workshop on Data Exploration for Interactive Surfaces DEXIS 2011, 36-39, 2012.
- A Closer Look at Note Taking in the Co-located Collaborative Visual Analytics Process. Narges Mahyar, Ali Sarvghad, and Melanie Tory. IEEE Conf. Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST’10), pp. 171-178, October 2010.
- On Two Desiderata for Creativity Support Tools. Yeap Wai K., Opas Tommi, and Mahyar Narges. In Proc. of the Intl. Conference on Computational Creativity, pp. 180-189, 2010.
- Roles of Notes in Co-located Collaborative Visualization. Narges Mahyar, Ali Sarvghad, and Melanie Tory. Workshop on Collaborative Visualization on Interactive Surfaces (CoVis 2009), 4 pages, 2009.
- History Tools for Collaborative Visualization. Ali Sarvghad, Narges Mahyar, and Melanie Tory. Workshop on Collaborative Visualization on Interactive Surfaces (CoVis 2009), 4pages, 2009.